San Jose Police Arrest Suspect in Double Homicide

San Jose homicide detectives tracked down a San Jose man they say shot and killed two men at an illegal downtown gambling site in March.

Police said Gustavo Rodriguez, 46, of San Jose, was arrested on a warrant that identified him as the primary suspect in a March 12 fatal double homicide in the 700 block of E. Santa Clara Street. Rodriguez was arrested on April 27.

On March 12, at 10:11pm, city patrol officers responded to a report of a person shot in downtown San Jose. Officers found two adult men who had been shot at least once. Officers summoned medical personnel to the scene, where they ultimately pronounced both victims as dead. An unknown suspect fled the scene before police arrived.

After an investigation,detectives learned that the fatal shooting had occurred at an illegal gambling establishment, where all occupants had fled prior to the arrival of police.

During the course of the investigation, detectives concluded that Rodriguez had done the shooting. On April 27, with the assistance of the Covert Response Unit, Rodriguez was located and arrested in San José. He was subsequently booked into the Santa Clara County Jail for murder.

The motive and circumstances surrounding the incident are still under investigation, police said.

Anyone with any information about this case is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Barragan #4106 and/or Detective Harrington #4365 of the San José Police Department's Homicide Unit by calling 408-277-5283.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *