San Jose Considers ‘Hazard Pay’ for Grocery Store Workers

The San Jose City Council today plans to vote on a proposal that would require large corporate grocery stores, chain supermarkets and retail stores that sell food products to pay employees an additional $5 per hour.

If passed, the ordinance introduced by Councilman Sergio Jimenez would be implemented immediately and expire when the county’s Covid-19 health order is lifted.

“Alongside doctors and nurses, retail food workers have served the residents of San Jose while taking on tremendous risks,” Jimenez said.

Retail workers, including grocery store employees, are five times more likely to test positive for Covid-19, according to a study published in the journal Occupational and Environmental Medicine.

“Hazard pay is necessary to justly compensate retail food workers for the clear and present dangers of doing their jobs during the pandemic, ensure the welfare of workers, and continue stable operation of our much-needed food supply chain,” Jimenez added.

The extra pay would only apply to food suppliers with 300 or more employees nationwide. Corner stores, mom-and-pop shops and small ethnic markets would be exempt because they have already been disproportionally hit by Covid-19, Jimenez said.

In the early days of the pandemic, some grocery stores voluntarily instituted wage increases in the form of ‘Hero Pay” or “Appreciation Pay,” but many stopped.

However, those retailers that continued to provide additional wages to workers will receive a credit. That means if a grocer was paying employees an additional $2 per hour, they would chip in just $3 more to make up the $5.

Erik Larsen, a 53-year-old San Jose resident, started working at Lucky’s Supermarkets after losing his job at the start of the pandemic.

In a letter to the council, Larsen said the hazard pay was essential for him and his employees who are “critical in the food supply chain.”

“I put myself in harm’s way,” he wrote. “It’s really only a matter time that I'm exposed to Covid. Do I deserve more while big corporations are making money hand over fist on the back of my labor? Yes, I do.”

He noted that many customers skirted Covid-19 safety protocols, putting employees at a greater risk. Throughout the months he saw many coworkers “disappear,” because they got infected while management was “silent.”

“I realized this was no joke,” Larsen wrote.

He concluded his missive with a question for the City Council: “What is my labor worth?”

The hazard pay plan was introduced last week at a Rules and Open Government Committee, which it cleared with a 4-1 vote. Councilwoman Dev Davis, the subcommittee member who dissented, said she worried that grocers would increase their prices to account for the hazard pay, forcing residents to foot the bill instead.

But Jimenez, along with council members Sylvia Arenas, David Cohen and Raul Peralez and Vice Mayor Chappie Jones, emphasized how necessary the extra pay is, especially for those struggling to make up financial losses after contracting Covid-19.

A similar proposal was also introduced last week at the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors meeting, where the five-member body voted to draft a “Hero Pay” ordinance that would raise some essential workers’ hourly wage by $5.

The additional pay would last for 180 days and apply to grocery and retail stores with 300 or more employees nationwide and companies that are publicly traded.

The motion passed 4-1, with Supervisor Mike Wasserman abstaining because of financial ties to McDonald's Corp., which would be affected by the change.

Supervisors will be presented with a “Hero Pay” draft at their Feb. 23 meeting.

San Jose council members could institute the hazard pay as soon as today.

“Let us remember that those workers who put their lives on the line to provide us with food and services do so out of need to care for themselves and their families,” Jimenez said. “This is our opportunity to demonstrate to them that we ... respect and appreciate their courage, and most importantly value their worth.”

San Jose’s elected leaders will discuss the hazard pay ordinance no later than 4pm at today’s virtual council session. Click here to tune in.

58 Comments

  1. They don’t have to leave California. Just move the stores out of San Jose. Folks can shop in Campbell, Fremont, Morgan Hill, or online. Most already do.

  2. Kroger’s said it will shut down two stores in Long Beach because of hazard pay ordinance.

    It would be sad if people started loosing their jobs due to store closures. I hope that doesn’t happen in SJ.

  3. $5 per hour “hazard pay”?

    If it’s truly hazardous, it should be $10,000 per shift.

    If someone loses an arm or a leg while working in the checkout lane, $5 isn’t going to go very far,

  4. Let’s just keep destroying our local economy.

    Of course it’s only the ‘big’ companies that will be inconvenienced with the added costs. The mom & pop workers get nothing, but in theory have the same assumed risk they claim.

    Will this apply to DoorDash, GrubHub or Amazon Fresh deliveries? Aren’t they essential food workers, or do we exempt Bezo and the one of the biggest/richest retailers in the country?

  5. WOW! So much “supply side” economics playing out here. The thinking that if you can convince the masses that they should only care about themselves it is better for the world, thus no one should “associate” and establish “group” or “collective” bargaining. Keeping everyone apart serves to make it EASY to manipulate and control them.

    The champion in the past was Ayn Rand, here the current generation is Denish D’Sousa. If you can make everyone feel they are weak, and too “scared” to work on a team, you can get away with anything.

    Which is the current QAnon Conspiracy plan and action we are living with today.

    All employees are cattle, if they get sick, send them to slaughter. Even I with 2 Business Degrees wouldn’t even hint at that. The reality is that many writing here simply would not think twice at anyone other then their “friends” matter.

    This is not a “liberal” philosophy I am using, it is the ultimate in “conservative” thinking.

  6. I think most of the comments are addressing the unintended consequences of wage controls, not a Randian conspiracy. Some store chains like Safeway do have unionized workers who already collectively bargained with their employer for pay increases after the onset of the pandemic. There’s nothing wrong with voluntary cooperation and agreement.

    Joe Biden promises a $15 minimum wage because his union backers want it, without regard to the small businesses which will continue to disappear and the continued unemployment of already disadvantaged workers.

    When Oakland raised its minimum wage above the state minimum, some restaurants were only a few blocks from the city limit and simply moved on down the road, Jack. Storefronts are available.

  7. Shouldn’t the taxpayers receive significant; property, income and all other assorted tax breaks since we are hazarded by elected members of the Communist party?

    Is an extra $5 an hour going to protect anyone from the virus and or the cold, Icey finger of death?

    This will be a boon for Zanotto’s Market…Mi Pueblo between 5th and 6th is going to be busier too.

    David S. Wall

  8. > Keeping everyone apart serves to make it EASY to manipulate and control them.

    Exactly the opposite.

    Keeping everyone together in their collectivist herd with their group identity “makes it EASY to manipulate and control them.”

  9. Keeping everyone together in their collectivist herd with their group identity “makes it EASY to manipulate and control them.”

    only if you pit groups against each other, that is paramount. otherwise they will figure out they are getting played by our overlords

    best to use all tools at hand to pit groups against each, skin tone, eliminating one culture for the sake of another but make conditions impossible for that new culture to be successful or allow members of the incumbent culture to participate in the proped up one, in essence keep groups at war with each other by design

  10. DAVID WALL wrote:

    “Shouldn’t the taxpayers receive significant; property, income and all other assorted tax breaks since we are hazarded by elected members of the Communist party?”

    I simply cannot understand how this “moral equivalence” logic works regarding the topic. I simply don’t understand how you got from a PANDEMIC to a fictional situation where we are in a Communist Country. Please explain it?

    SJOUTSIDETHEBUBBLE wrote:

    “Keeping everyone together in their collectivist herd with their group identity “makes it EASY to manipulate and control them.”

    Actually no one is CONTROLLING anyone, but those used to be able to get away with pitting others against each other get caught. They get caught by people SHARING the “Private” conversations, which are not “Private” because they are not “Trade Secrets” or “Intellectual Property”. When that happens and people decide to team up, these people then say, it is “communism” and that it is unfair that their “customers” or “employees” are ganging up on them.

    When in fact in the Porter’s 5 forces of a Market (from the Harvard School Of Business). In this case the power of a supplier (in this case the employees performing a service are a PROVIDER) and Competition in the Industry (where bad practices of a certain competitor winds up doing self harm). These are normal forces, they are not changing even in the PANDEMIC, and trying to make it look “unfair” is simply incorrect. Any REAL business person knows this is NORMAL.

    SJ KULAK wrote:

    “Keeping everyone together in their collectivist herd with their group identity “makes it EASY to manipulate and control them.”

    only if you pit groups against each other, that is paramount. otherwise they will figure out they are getting played by our overlords”

    EXACTLY what Dinesh D’Sousa and his friends are doing, trying to convince the groups to fight each other. Trying to eliminate the idea of “suspect” classes regarding disparate treatment or intentional forms of discrimination. Like you wrote:

    “best to use all tools at hand to pit groups against each, skin tone, eliminating one culture for the sake of another but make conditions impossible for that new culture to be successful or allow members of the incumbent culture to participate in the proped up one, in essence keep groups at war with each other by design”

    That is why Dinesh tries to use a group that is historically given “advantages” in the past are being “discriminated” now. Specifically, “religious groups” which historically have had superior advantages before anti-discrimination laws established the goal of an “equal playing field”.

    If we really wanted “fairness” regarding any form of discrimination should be prevented and sanctioned, but that will require that EVERY interaction would be required to be video recorded.

    Isn’t that exactly what people like Dinesh also say should not happen? It becomes a game, where either bad business decisions and practices are kept “secret” to prevent accountability, and then say there is no evidence to prove it took place.

  11. “ Although the government doesn’t legally own the labor force, the central planners tell the people where they should work.”…..in this case, how much they should be paid. communism? (Question mark for a reason)

  12. JUST ANON FOR NOW you wrote:

    ‘ Although the government doesn’t legally own the labor force, the central planners tell the people where they should work.”…..in this case, how much they should be paid. communism? (Question mark for a reason)”

    You just added the terms “how much they should be paid.”, even though your quote was from Karl Marx

    This goes back to the argument against the “minimum wage” claiming if it didn’t exist, more people would have jobs.

    The REALITY is that historically economists are 46.8% against the minimum wage, 1.3% favor decreasing it, 14.3% support keeping it the same, 5.2% are favoring a $.50 increase, 15.6% are for a $1.00 increase and 16.9% are for a greater than $1.00 increase. Economists are “slightly” more in favor of minimum wages and increasing them by 37% of them.

    What is interesting is this was observed:

    “The Pew Center reported it found a racial difference for support of a higher minimum wage in 2017 with most blacks and Hispanics supporting a $15.00 federal minimum wage, and 54% of whites opposing it.

    A Lake Research Partners poll in February 2012 found the following:

    Strong support overall for raising the minimum wage, with 73% of likely voters supporting an increase to $10 and indexing it to inflation during 2014, including 58% who strongly support the action;

    Support crosses party lines, with support from 91% of Democrats, 74% of Independents, and 50% of Republicans; and

    A majority (56%) believe that raising the minimum wage will help the economy, 16% believe it won’t make a difference, and only 21% felt it would hurt the economy.( https://web.archive.org/web/20170514013329/http://nelp.3cdn.net/0be1c6315f2430afa6_arm6bq9wu.pdf)

  13. You gave a link to a nine-year-old poll that says, “The survey reached a total of 805 likely General Election voters nationwide.” Who cares?

    These government statistics say Black unemployment ages 18-19 went from 19.3% to 21.3% during 2020:
    https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

    That’s structural unemployment. How would a $15 minimum wage help them? If society thinks everyone deserves $15/hour, then society should subsidize wages up to $15/hour and let employers hire them at any wage so they learn job skills and can move up. Putting the societal burden exclusively on employers forces many to close shop.

  14. There’s no way to determine whether raising the minimum wage helps or hurts the economy. Too many variables. Too subjective.
    But generally, if you subsidize something you get more of it. If we think it’s good for society to have more people working in grocery stores their entire lives, being complacent and not aspiring to anything else because we’ve forced their employer to pay them more than they otherwise would, then by all means, let’s have a nation of retail clerks, fast food workers, and uber drivers.
    As for this “hazard pay”, give me a break. Toughen up people.

  15. > EXACTLY what Dinesh D’Sousa and his friends are doing, trying to convince the groups to fight each other.

    I have no idea what you’re talking about.

    Kindly give me a clear, lucid, compelling example.

    Executive summary, please. Just show me your last PowerPoint chart.

  16. WORK90 you wrote:

    “Let’s go with your mob rule idea then.”

    That was legislation, not MOB RULE, that should end that train of thought.

    VACANCY VAQUERO you wrote:

    “You gave a link to a nine-year-old poll that says, “The survey reached a total of 805 likely General Election voters nationwide.” Who cares?

    These government statistics say Black unemployment ages 18-19 went from 19.3% to 21.3% during 2020: https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

    That’s structural unemployment. How would a $15 minimum wage help them? If society thinks everyone deserves $15/hour, then society should subsidize wages up to $15/hour and let employers hire them at any wage so they learn job skills and can move up. Putting the societal burden exclusively on employers forces many to close shop.”

    No it is NOT structural unemployment, it is “systemic racism and job discrimination”. To even think it should be NORMAL is simply incredible

    JOHN GALT wrote:

    “But generally, if you subsidize something you get more of it. If we think it’s good for society to have more people working in grocery stores their entire lives, being complacent and not aspiring to anything else because we’ve forced their employer to pay them more than they otherwise would, then by all means, let’s have a nation of retail clerks, fast food workers, and uber drivers.

    As for this “hazard pay”, give me a break. Toughen up people.”

    Well, this again is a demonstration of one that in effect states, if they can’t find any other work, let them get sick and or they simply don’t matter, right?

    SJOUTSIDETHEBUBBLE wrote:

    “EXACTLY what Dinesh D’Sousa and his friends are doing, trying to convince the groups to fight each other.

    I have no idea what you’re talking about.

    Kindly give me a clear, lucid, compelling example.

    Executive summary, please. Just show me your last PowerPoint chart.”

    Here it is on video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulS-yb2AZhw)

    Dinesh D’Sousa at 00:25: “I’m a firm believer that we are all in this country a minority of one I don’t believe in racial rights I don’t believe in rights to the crew to groups I believe that as individuals we have all the rights that were entitled to under the Declaration of Independence of the Constitution gay and lesbians included.”

    Ayers askes at 0:43: “and if a group of people you could prove were categorically kept down because of their identity for example as gay you would oppose that”

    Dinesh said at 0:53: “let me ask you a question sure would you affirm right now as a group the fundamentalist evangelical Christian rights among the Dartmouth faculty and this would probably be true of all the Ivy League self-described professing evangelical Christians are smaller in number and probably in proportion to blacks Hispanics gays and lesbians any of these so-called minority groups but they’re on the smallest minority of all groups so presumably evangelical Christian rights would mean the right to have a group the right to be recognized as a group the right to be considered for affirmative action the right to have the university go out and recruit people to make sure that their perspective is well respected sensitivity sessions to make sure the students don’t make derogatory comments toward evangelical Christians what would you affirm all that”

    Ayers said at 01:50: “I Don’t think that where are Evangelical Christians demanding that, I think you’re making this up show me where that minority is oppressed maybe he’s fallen number where are they and and what is the oppression they can’t get tenure are you kidding, are you kidding conservatives evangelical Christians have tenure all over America so what are you talking about”

    Dinesh said at 2:10: “If you are out before the tenure committee today and you had one applicant who was let’s say a champion of queer theory and another who was a outspoken defender of evangelical Christianity the queer theorist would be far more confident and speaking up saying this is who I am and would expect that to actually accrue to his or her benefit whereas the evangelical Christian would do everything he or she could to suppress that to be quiet about it because this is the acceptable bigotry of the Ivy League as you know it”

    HERE IS JUST ONE PROOF, there are so many others.

  17. WORK90 you wrote:

    “Let’s go with your mob rule idea then.”

    That was legislation, not MOB RULE, that should end that train of thought.

    VACANCY VAQUERO you wrote:

    “You gave a link to a nine-year-old poll that says, “The survey reached a total of 805 likely General Election voters nationwide.” Who cares?

    These government statistics say Black unemployment ages 18-19 went from 19.3% to 21.3% during 2020: https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

    That’s structural unemployment. How would a $15 minimum wage help them? If society thinks everyone deserves $15/hour, then society should subsidize wages up to $15/hour and let employers hire them at any wage so they learn job skills and can move up. Putting the societal burden exclusively on employers forces many to close shop.”

    No it is NOT structural unemployment, it is “systemic racism and job discrimination”. To even think it should be NORMAL is simply incredible

    JOHN GALT wrote:

    “But generally, if you subsidize something you get more of it. If we think it’s good for society to have more people working in grocery stores their entire lives, being complacent and not aspiring to anything else because we’ve forced their employer to pay them more than they otherwise would, then by all means, let’s have a nation of retail clerks, fast food workers, and uber drivers.

    As for this “hazard pay”, give me a break. Toughen up people.”

    Well, this again is a demonstration of one that in effect states, if they can’t find any other work, let them get sick and or they simply don’t matter, right?

  18. SJOUTSIDETHEBUBBLE wrote:

    “EXACTLY what Dinesh D’Sousa and his friends are doing, trying to convince the groups to fight each other.

    I have no idea what you’re talking about.

    Kindly give me a clear, lucid, compelling example.

    Executive summary, please. Just show me your last PowerPoint chart.”

    Here it is on video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulS-yb2AZhw)

    Dinesh D’Sousa at 00:25: “I’m a firm believer that we are all in this country a minority of one I don’t believe in racial rights I don’t believe in rights to the crew to groups I believe that as individuals we have all the rights that were entitled to under the Declaration of Independence of the Constitution gay and lesbians included.”

    Ayers askes at 0:43: “and if a group of people you could prove were categorically kept down because of their identity for example as gay you would oppose that”

    Dinesh said at 0:53: “let me ask you a question sure would you affirm right now as a group the fundamentalist evangelical Christian rights among the Dartmouth faculty and this would probably be true of all the Ivy League self-described professing evangelical Christians are smaller in number and probably in proportion to blacks Hispanics gays and lesbians any of these so-called minority groups but they’re on the smallest minority of all groups so presumably evangelical Christian rights would mean the right to have a group the right to be recognized as a group the right to be considered for affirmative action the right to have the university go out and recruit people to make sure that their perspective is well respected sensitivity sessions to make sure the students don’t make derogatory comments toward evangelical Christians what would you affirm all that”

    Ayers said at 01:50: “I Don’t think that where are Evangelical Christians demanding that, I think you’re making this up show me where that minority is oppressed maybe he’s fallen number where are they and and what is the oppression they can’t get tenure are you kidding, are you kidding conservatives evangelical Christians have tenure all over America so what are you talking about”

    Dinesh said at 2:10: “If you are out before the tenure committee today and you had one applicant who was let’s say a champion of queer theory and another who was a outspoken defender of evangelical Christianity the queer theorist would be far more confident and speaking up saying this is who I am and would expect that to actually accrue to his or her benefit whereas the evangelical Christian would do everything he or she could to suppress that to be quiet about it because this is the acceptable bigotry of the Ivy League as you know it”

    HERE IS JUST ONER PROOF, there are so many others.

  19. Naturally San Jose has to join the crowd of lefty-run cities playing with Hero Pay.

    What percentage increase in pay is this?

    Is this a new pay ratchet, like a tax ratchet, its object only increases?

    Two marginal stores in Long Beach have been closed. What about marginal stores in Bay Area cities, marginal from high losses from theft and other problems as much as or more than poorer sales? Will closure of these stores result in more left-wing opprobrium, Evil Corporate “Food Desert”-ification? (You do know that the response at least sometimes to “Food Desert” is “It’s already a wasteland, and made that way [by too many local people].”)

  20. VACANCY VAQUERO you wrote:

    “You never answered my question, How would a $15 minimum wage help them? So here’s a youtube for you: (skipped because of moderation algorithm”

    Just understand Thomas Sowell’s works appear to be all done PRIOR to the REFORMS of the American Economic Association that was brought on after the film “Inside Job” disclosed that such “scientists” in effect “sold” their results to their customers. You can watch this video from PBS Newshour segment called Making Sen$e of financial news (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-uDtvqJL7A). The reform was established shortly after. This reform in effect “disqualified” all past research done prior to the reform. If you want to argue it again, you need to do “NEW” research and also disclose who “paid” for the research.

    Finally, as a “social” science, there cannot EVER be a proven “cause and effect” regarding a “single variable” as you and your friends tend to rely upon. Especially where you cannot rule out other variables. Please understand that you can see one “flavor” of videos and audios, but it does not in fact PROVE that OPINION.

    Unfortunately given the disastrous response to COVID from the Trump Administration, the long-term ECONOMIC suffering as a result is not going to get better soon. The unfortunate TRUTH is that the “private” sector only plans for a single year of planning at this time, and because of COVID being a 2-year setback, totally wrecked a lot of businesses. You cannot simply say a “minimum wage” is the cause of the suffering either in the past nor today.

    But in the end, if wages are so low that one with a job can live only in a shelter or their car while working is simply not going to make economic sense.

  21. VACANCY VAQUERO

    It would help landlords for sure. I think its about time the government gave landlord a break!

    Thanks Joe!

  22. From what I just read, the proposal is done. It passed with a $3.00 hour increase.

    This topic is out of date.

  23. Steven is ALWAYS the smartest person in the room. Period.
    And the sooner all of you ignorant deplorables acknowledge that, the better off he will be.

  24. Steve Goldstein believes this topic is out of date since the council finalized the deal at a $3/hr. increase. It’s time for all of us to shut up about it and start looking for a new shiny object.
    From my point of view the shiniest object in town is a group of Democrats in a big shiny building on 4th Street who are extremely casual and careless spending other people’s money.

  25. Believe me, I am “not the sharpest tool in the shed”.

    But this “discussion” is becoming just a political ad campaign by those “astroturfers” that are only out to “put down” the opposition “party”.

    Fortunately for me, I am a strict “independent” and “moderate, in the simplistic terms.

    Instead of just trying to “put down” your opposition, why not bring up a superior option?

    I see this occurring on both sides today, but it has been historically worse on the “republican” side. Like when Boehner and McConnell said in a private dinner that the goal of the Republican party was to make Obama an one term president, how did that work out? Then he started the “resistance” political practice, that we cannot stop today, because instead of solving problems, the opposing forces are now just trying to game the system.

    Remember the statement “Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of The Way”?

  26. And I’m not the brightest bulb in the box Steve, but if you’re waiting to hear for a superior option, to me a superior option would be to challenge people who are “struggling”, who are “underserved”, and who have bought into the toxic myth that they are institutionally doomed to a bleak existence, demanding that their fellow citizens bail them out, to instead use their God given talents and abilities to take advantage of the historical, unprecedented, unlimited opportunity that today’s economy, especially here in wealthy Silicon Valley is affording them and quit listening to the pandering politicians who encourage them to moan and complain. It’s bad for society and it’s bad for their souls.

  27. JOHN GALT you wrote:

    “And I’m not the brightest bulb in the box Steve, but if you’re waiting to hear for a superior option, to me a superior option would be to challenge people who are “struggling”, who are “underserved”, and who have bought into the toxic myth that they are institutionally doomed to a bleak existence, demanding that their fellow citizens bail them out, to instead use their God given talents and abilities to take advantage of the historical, unprecedented, unlimited opportunity that today’s economy, especially here in wealthy Silicon Valley is affording them and quit listening to the pandering politicians who encourage them to moan and complain. It’s bad for society and it’s bad for their souls.”

    This sounds like something an Evangelical Christian would PREACH to a church. Also, what Dinesh D’Sousa would say as well. BUT what do you do when a VIRUS like COVID in effect completely strips anyone’s ability to in your words “, to instead use their God given talents and abilities to take advantage of the historical, unprecedented, unlimited opportunity that today’s economy”.

    What opportunities are there? When you have as much as 20,000,000 people out of work, and as much as 30% of businesses closed in the last year? You use an unrealistic concept of unlimited demand and unlimited resources are available to create the “opportunities” you declare. This MYTH simply does not exist.

    You are talking to someone with some formal knowledge on the subject have 2 Bachelors of Science in Business Management, the first in Management Information systems, which deals with the strategic use of Information Technologies to facilitate a businesses success. The second is in Human Resources Management, which deals with business functioning where you analyze the work needed by the business and finding the right skills, knowledge and abilities for the role and selecting the right person to fill it.

    Too many people have a “belief” that there is nothing that gets in the way of people regarding success. The grim reality is that in MANY cases there are significant factors out of one’s control. You can PRAY to GOD to protect you from them, but GOD is as the movie “The Devil’s Advocate” in effect did say “GOD” is “an absentee landlord”.

    Isn’t it time enough given a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC for GOD to arrive and do something about it?

  28. Lets just give you an education of GOD.

    GOD gave me a premature birth, an abusive mother, taken away from my family, an abusive foster family, and abusive residential school, being sexually assaulted, and much more. GOD gave THAT to me.

    I gave MYSELF my current knowledge with NO HELP from GOD. Please NEVER EVER say GOD does me any favors?

  29. NO! GOD made the VIRUS, so IT is responsible for all of this.

    The VIRUS has killed almost half a million people in this country and disabled perhaps millions more. That is the VIRUS that did the damage.

    The GOVERNMENT has TRIED to reduce the damage, but the businesses that promised they could operate safely STILL haven’t proven they can. Some are doing well, like dentists, and salons, but they are USED to being sanitary. So far NO restaurant has PROVEN it has not had ANY infections occur at their business.

    So nice try, the reality is that you and your friends just want to put the BLAME on going out of business on someone else. As a business management and risk professional, I know these businesses did NOT take the proper steps to avoid being destroyed due to COVID.. But being accountable for their FAILURE to be prepared, they blame the government.

    Perhaps the government must make more regulations to in effect FORCE these businesses to have a means of dealing with this case scenario from NOW on. I think it is WELL overdue.

    The risk of PANDEMIC was WELL KNOWN and obviously these businesses were never going to take the steps to prevent their downfall. That is on THEM.

  30. You are WRONG, it’s the Government. I just watched a New York restaurant owner on TV who moved his business and the employees to Florida where they are able to dine in at 100% capacity and according to him things are going great.
    It was the Government that shut him down in NY, not the Virus.

  31. WORK90,

    So much fiction, the state of Florida has just as much problems with business as everywhere else please read the following story here (https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/1st-time-unemployment-claims-increase-by-13-percent-in-florida).

    They lost 400,000 jobs in December alone. You can “see a news story” from a “Restaurant owner” but they will NEVER disclose what money problems they have. Because any loans they have the creditors would be watching. And also if they seek any new loans, if they admit to money troubles it will likely increase the cost of borrowing.

    Simply put a sample of 1 does not make for a statistically significant situation. The state of Florida has a lot of different cities and markets, and so you cannot claim that this 1 person is proof of your claim.

    Please you have got to have more evidence than this?

  32. Who issued the stay at home order and closed the restaurants?
    Was it:

    A) God
    B) The Virus
    or
    C) The Government

    I rest my case.

  33. Wrok90,

    GOD and the VIRUS would have easily killed as many as 6-7 Million people and made tens of millions of people long term disabled, on the FIRST variant of COVID. Now we have as much as 4 new ones. Which Dr. Fauci pointed out in a recent interview, you can and will get reinfected with the new variants.

    The GOVERNMENT saved those lives and prevented the disability.

    But of course, you say “LET THEM DIE AND GET PERMENTANTLY INJURED” that’s GODS will. I just want my life. Of course, you want to play Russian roulette with everyone else. Let’s just face it, any GOD that wants to do this is not GOOD, and I will never worship any GOD that lets this happen.

  34. Just to put things into context and perspective, let’s remember that a 40-hour full-time work week and a 50-week full-time work year yields 2,000 hours. At $15 per hour, pre-tax income is $30,000. A one-bedroom apartment in San Jose would cost, at minimum, $2,000 per month in rental payments or $24,000 per year, or 80% of pre-tax income. See https://www.rentcafe.com/apartments-for-rent/us/ca/santa-clara-county/san-jose/?PropertyType=Apartment&Beds=One&OrderBy=RentDesc). A $5 increase in hourly wages for a full-time worker sums to $10,000 for the year. If the increase is only for 6 months, the additional income would be $5,000. That’s the quantitative framework here.

    The libertarian sociopaths who tend to congregate and concentrate in the comments section (that is everybody above except Goldstein), have a singular aim: to kneecap any argument that would infringe on the income, wealth or prerogative of the elites who instigate, enable and/or fund the propagation of their ideas (https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2018/10/the-koch-networks-integrated-strategy-for-social-transformation/). Those ideas amount to a social Darwinian capitalism where rugged individualism, bootstraps and invisible hands are featured attractions in a fairy tale about a world with no races or genders, just frictionless market interactions leading to content consumerism. Anything to forestall or derail wage or tax increases or, better yet, anything to lower wages and taxes yields real returns for the wealthy in exchange for ideological puffery. All in a days work.

    (Of course, wealthy libertarians systematically fund “politically correct” ideas on numerous U.S. university campuses (https://www.desmogblog.com/2019/08/19/kochs-americans-prosperity-structure-social-change), while directing their minions to yell “Marxists” and “communists” anytime anyone puts forward ideas that will raise taxes or obligations on the wealthy. That includes San Jose State University, by the way (https://publicintegrity.org/politics/koch-brothers-supersize-higher-ed-spending/))

  35. For being smart, literate people, y’all are awfully ignorant.
    Stop thinking you know what i am thinking. Stop labeling me, stop putting your words in my mouth, stop discriminating against me and my opinions.
    Open your mind. Coexist. Embrace diversity. You have become what you think you detest.

  36. Work90,

    I am not labeling anyone. But you haven’t proven anything here. I clearly pointed out that GOD wanted to kill as many people it wanted to by making COVID.

    If the GOVERNMENT let it go, since 2.6% fatality is understood, and there are 330,000,000 people in the US, their would have been as much as 6-7,000,000 people dead. And Tens of millions with “LONG HAUL” disabilties.

    The GOVERNMENT so far SLOWED deaths to less than half a million, AGAINST people like you that say we MUST go back to normal. I again will point out GOD wants to kill us, doesn’t IT.

    Own your own words, either admit that the GOVERNMENT saved lives, or stop trying to play the victim here. No one is discriminating you, just pointing out your logical fsailures.

  37. There you go again, and you still don’t see it. Open your mind, stop assigning your beliefs and meanings to my posts.

    The Government thought up and passed the orders, no one and nothing else did.
    The virus (& God as you say) statistically killed as many people in Florida as it did in NY (arguably less but that’s a different topic) and those states used very different approaches. NY shut everything down even until present day and Florida did only briefly, being largely open and unrestricted now.

    Therefore the Govt. cost people their livelihood (& so much more) in NY (& CA).
    Not GOD. And technically not the Virus, though i will concede the Virus was the impetuous for what the Govt. did. But the Govt. still owns it. Now I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they were/are trying to do the right thing, especially since there was no historical record to draw from to know if it would work or not. However, once we could see via actual evidence that closing down society did not make a difference in the number of patients (and arguably has hurt more than it has helped) they should have stopped what they were doing in order to save people from the unforeseen consequences of the their orders.

    Besides, do you think if God (assuming one exists) wanted to kill more people that the Govt. could prevent “IT” from doing so?

  38. Work90,

    IT is WELL proven that the government actions SAVED LIVES and PREVENTED DISABILITY.

    Of course for you your LIVELIHOOD is more important than LIVES or DISABILITY.

    The REAL issue is that the DAMAGE of the loss of life and disability would halve been THE SAME. The loss of long term demand due to the DEATHS and loss of the skills and abilities lost due to the DISABILITIES would have been the SAME. There is no way to AVOID that. This really goes to show that your observations are simply greatly short sighted.

    Actually, the ORIGINAL shutdown worked, but then people like yourself said, OK we won, lets reopen. AND WE DID. Then it started again. Then we got a cursed break locally due to the unhealthy air. The cases dropped here until the air cleared. THEN it came back with vengeance. Who is responsible for that? The people like yourself, that keeps on throwing people into the COVID fire.

    You can look at the national record, the state record and the county record to prove that what I just said is the REAL history. When you can prove otherwise, you can make your argument. But isn’t it time for you tp recognize that you are still just trying to distract yourself and the readers here from the REAL history.

    The fact is the cost of COVID would be far WORSE if we didn’t do anything. Like you are arguing.

  39. “You entitled to your own opinion, but you can’t have your own facts”. You are wrong.

    Government actions did NOT save a significant amount of lives. Fact.
    The original shutdown worked? How so? The Govt. said it was to “flatten the curve”. If you are arguing it achieved that goal I may concede. However if you are arguing it did more than that then you are wrong again.

    People like you who are arguing for Govt. control of everyone’s lives are causing more deaths than the virus, via suicide, lack of basic medical care due to fear, delay of “optional” surgeries, etc. It is people like you have caused numerous others lives to be ruined financially and via depression.

    The “fact” is, people would hardly even know COVID existed if it weren’t used as a scare tactic to take control of people lives for political gain of the Elite.

    If you think I am bad, have a look at this. He has a very reasoned argument and largely supported with fact.

    http://market-ticker.org/

    There’s a lot of us out there that believe our own lying eyes and not the Govt. lies.

  40. Work90,

    First, just understand that the article you cited is written by a person by the name of Karl Denninger, who from what I can see is a business person, with no expertise in medicine or public health. In fact he was a founding member of the The Tea Party movement.

    His only book he ever wrote appears to be “Leverage: How Cheap Money Will Destroy the World”. He also said that the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. I don’t agree with some of that act, but if it wasn’t passed then we would have had the 2nd Great Depression.

    So if your going to try to bring out proof regarding viruses and the impact on public health, please provide some? This appears to be nothing but another “political” talking head, with a known bias. Please find us some “unbiased” research?

    The reality is that you are writing like another “government” conspiracy promoter, who is demonstrating your “belief” that the “government” is out to get everyone.

    If this is the basis of all you write, then it would only be that someone will have to keep “fact checking” you.

    You still haven’t provided ANY better alternatives, do you ha be any?

  41. You have fact checked nothing and don’t even know it, which speaks volumes, and not kindly.

    I said in my previous post that “If you think I am bad, have a look at this”. I did not say i was “going to try to bring out proof regarding viruses and the impact on public health”. That was you putting your bias in my mouth again. Open your mind.

    By the way you obviously did not read the referenced post. You only attempted to smear it. Typical from someone who can’t see the forest through the trees.

    Plus I gave the Govt. “the benefit of the doubt” and do not consider myself a ““government” conspiracy promoter” as you Labeled me. However it is painfully obvious for anyone who is actually thinking, and not sucking down propaganda, that the Pandemic is being used for political purposes. So if that makes me a conspiracy theorist in your mind go ahead and keep Labeling me. You’re pretty good at that anyway.

    Again, you seem to be everything you proclaim to hate.

  42. WORK90 you wrote:

    “I said in my previous post that “If you think I am bad, have a look at this”. I did not say i was “going to try to bring out proof regarding viruses and the impact on public health”. That was you putting your bias in my mouth again. Open your mind.”

    I have an open mind with regars to unbiased evidence , when it is presented, so far you have not presented any You wrote:

    “By the way you obviously did not read the referenced post. You only attempted to smear it. Typical from someone who can’t see the forest through the trees.”

    I read his writing completely, but he attempted to claim that Mask and other “preventative” practices are “lies”. If you read this:

    “They will never drop their mandates and demands. Ever. That is what you heard. If you allow this to continue for as little as one more day both you and your kids are ****ed. President Biden does not care, Fauci does not care, your Governor does not care and your mayor does not care. They’ve been running bull**** on you continually since last March.

    Get that through your thick head right now.

    They know damn well that what they’re jabbing you with does not stop the virus. They also know the masks don’t stop the virus either because they have proof in the numbers on top of 40 years of hard science and dozens of years of physics that made clear the claim was flatly impossible. The CDC’s director said under oath that if we just wore masks for six or eight weeks in September that the virus would be and remain under control.

    Redfield and the CDC lied; the big spike came after the eight+ weeks he prescribed during which damn near the entire nation was under a mask mandate. He knew what he claimed would work couldn’t. He lied and your Grandmother died.”

    So please stop trying to say I didn’t read anything? You wrote:

    “Plus I gave the Govt. “the benefit of the doubt” and do not consider myself a ““government” conspiracy promoter” as you Labeled me. However it is painfully obvious for anyone who is actually thinking, and not sucking down propaganda, that the Pandemic is being used for political purposes. So if that makes me a conspiracy theorist in your mind go ahead and keep Labeling me. You’re pretty good at that anyway.”

    Lets just use some simple information to prove that once and for all, that whenever you have the government stop working aggressively the virus explodes. The SCC DPH report is found here (https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pages/dashboard-cases.aspx)

    Remember we had a spike in March 2020 so we had a shutdown. We had 50-60 new cases with a 7 day rolling average. By May 2020 it was 10-20. Then during July 4th we had a spike of cases with an average of 260-270 per day which we never shut down and it remained high until September when it dropped to about 100-140 cases per day because of the unhealthy air. Then in November, prior to this spike it was 130 cases per day, it spiked at 1300 dropped a bit and the went up to 1480 cases a day, and we are still at 550 cases per day.

    I agree that the Trump Administration constantly “downplayed” COVID and was never wanting to say to the public, this is going to take at least 2-3 years to get under control. Trump said in April it would go away. Like a “miracle”. The Biden Administration NEVER set a deadline, it always says, we are doing what we can, but there is no end date.

    Please, what was it you said? Oh, the GOVERNMENT was the problem and not GOD and COVID, RIGHT?

  43. I can see you can cut & paste, but still not convinced you read it. Can you present unbiased evidence you read it?
    By they way, what do you accept as unbiased evidence? Something that agrees with your thinking?
    Furthermore, who compiled the SCC-DPH statistical findings? Who wrote their conclusions?
    Do they included false positive tests? Do they include deaths “with” Covid as opposed to “of” Covid? Are they unbiased? Is there any bias in the reporting system? Do Hospitals receive more money for each Covid Death from the Feds? Does this cause them to artificially increase the total # of deaths (knowing that no one is looking so they can get away with it) so they can make more money? So many more questions.
    You seem to have religious like “faith” in the Govt. You believe they cannot be wrong or inept. That they would never knowingly steer a narrative for personal benefit. I, however do not have that faith in them. In fact quite the opposite. But you go ahead and keep believing whatever they tell you to believe. CNN will help you keep doing just that.

    I digress. I was once told to “never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”. It seems i should have remembered that advice sooner….
    Good day to you

  44. WORK90 you wrote:

    “By they way, what do you accept as unbiased evidence? Something that agrees with your thinking?”

    Unbiased evidence is provided by anyone with no financial or political conflict of interest for the short definition you wrote:

    “Furthermore, who compiled the SCC-DPH statistical findings? Who wrote their conclusions?”

    The statistics were provided by the hospitals and the public health workers, the conclusion is mine but can also be independently determined by the readers and many other professionals have come up with similar observations. You wrote:

    “Do they included false positive tests?”

    No, they are verified prior to inclusion. You asked

    “Do they include deaths “with” Covid as opposed to “of” Covid?”

    My information was not the deaths just the positive infections. You asked:

    “ Are they unbiased? Is there any bias in the reporting system?”

    Are you implying they get a “bonus” for a positive test, the answer is OF COURSE NOT. You aked:

    “Do Hospitals receive more money for each Covid Death from the Feds?”

    NO THEY DON’T. You asked:

    “Does this cause them to artificially increase the total # of deaths (knowing that no one is looking so they can get away with it) so they can make more money?”

    Again, NO THEY DON’T. Where are you getting this idea or information? You remind me of Jim Carrey as the Ridller in a very bad Batman Movie. You wrote:

    “You seem to have religious like “faith” in the Govt. You believe they cannot be wrong or inept. That they would never knowingly steer a narrative for personal benefit. I, however do not have that faith in them. In fact quite the opposite. But you go ahead and keep believing whatever they tell you to believe. CNN will help you keep doing just that.”

    At least the GOVERNMENT can be independently validated by those doing independent research, which many have since have done to provide proof, the Journals of Medicine are full of them. GOD relies on BLIND FAITH. GOD put COVID on the Earth, because it is Sadistic, like when it tortured me in my childhood. You wrote:

    “I digress. I was once told to “never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”. It seems i should have remembered that advice sooner….”

    Well that just demonstrates that you are running out of ideas and are resorting to “name calling”.

  45. Work90, do you even read these rants? Goodness I hope youve learned just to ignore them, they are vacant.

  46. SJ Kulak,

    Need I say more, this was the tactic used by Trump to justify his claims even though he had NO proof to support it. If this was a properly moderated debate which is scored by logic and reasoning, that would have been a point penalty.

    Here are the traditional rules of debating:

    “Rules of Debate (condensed from Competitive Debate: Rules and Techniques, by George McCoy Musgrave. New York: H.W. Wilson, 1957)

    1. There are two teams, each consisting of two or three speakers.

    2. Each team has two or three constructive speeches, and two to three rebuttal speeches. The affirmative gives the first constructive speech, and the rebuttals alternate: negative, affirmative, negative, affirmative. The affirmative has both the first and last speeches of the debate.

    3. When worded as a proposition of policy, the topic requires the affirmative to support some specified action by some particular individual or group. The affirmative has the right to make any reasonable definition of each of the terms of the proposition. If the negative challenges the reasonableness of a definition by the affirmative, THE JUDGE MUST ACCEPT THE DEFINITION OF THE TEAM THAT SHOWS BETTER GROUNDS FOR ITS INTERPRETATION OF THE TERM.

    4. THE AFFIRMATIVE MUST ADVOCATE EVERYTHING REQUIRED BY THE TOPIC ITSELF. NO REVISION OF POSITION OF A TEAM IS PERMITTED DURING THE DEBATE.

    5. He who asserts must prove. In order to establish an assertion, THE TEAM MUST SUPPORT IT WITH ENOUGH EVIDENCE AND LOGIC TO CONVINCE AN INTELLIGENT BUT PREVIOUSLY UNINFORMED PERSON that it is more reasonable to believe the assertion than to disbelieve it. FACTS MUST BE ACCURATE. VISUAL MATERIALS ARE PERMISSIBLE, AND ONCE INTRODUCED, THEY BECOME AVAILABLE FOR THE OPPONENTS’ USE IF DESIRED.

    6. In the questioning period, the questioner may ask any fair, clear question that has a direct bearing on the debate. The questioner may use the period to build up any part of his own case, to tear down any part of his opposition’s case, or to ascertain facts, such as the opposition’s position on a certain issue, that can be used later in the debate. THE QUESTIONER MUST CONFINE HIMSELF TO QUESTIONS AND NOT MAKE STATEMENTS, COMMENTS, OR ASK RHETORICAL QUESTIONS.

    7. Each speaker is questioned as soon as he concludes his constructive speech. The witness must answer the questions without consulting his colleagues.

    8. No new constructive arguments may be introduced in the rebuttal period. The affirmative must, if possible, reply to the major negative arguments before the last rebuttal.

    9. The judge must base his decision ENTIRELY ON THE MATERIAL PRESENTED, without regard FOR OTHER MATERIAL WHICH HE MAY HAPPEN TO POSSESS.

    10. Any gains made outside of the established procedure are disallowed.”

    As you can see, trying to pass off the opposition with off hand remarks or worse insults doesn’t work. Thus, in a real debate, much of the comments here would not be entertained at all. In fact, the COURTS do the same thing even stronger, using the wrong conduct can get people ordered in contempt of court and sanctioned.

  47. blah blah blah there is no debate

    no one cares what just another little renter in Mountain View thinks, we already know. “poor me, the rents too high”, “my landlord is a slumlord”, “my boss doesn’t pay me enough”, “one day we will get back at you”, or some variant on that, tired, played out, and boring. At least SALEM, ECONOCLAST, et al write well and bring new insight, unlike this flat prose.

    Skin in the game is the license to be respected by men, beyond all this political correct talk and censorship threats, that is the real truth.

    After that, in the consolation prize in life, it’s one man one vote and if you just vote like 95% of the other resent-o-cultist hypocrites in MV, your vote matters nada. At least many of your cult are rich from the $2M bungalows they own. You just make your slumlord richer each passing day, wasting away thinking about what you would do if you where king of the world and could pass laws at your whim.

    All you are is blah blah blah, vacant, unable to make your own life better, so you rail against those you think are holding you back. Time to face the music and get busy improving your situation.

  48. SJ KULAK you wrote:

    “blah blah blah there is no debate”

    LOL, because I thought you were a champion of “Free Speech” but now you say:

    “Skin in the game is the license to be respected by men, beyond all this political correct talk and censorship threats, that is the real truth.”

    So you are EXTRAPOLATING the idea that if you DON’T have money, you DON’T have free speech” and you say I am censoring people? You wrote:

    “After that, in the consolation prize in life, it’s one man one vote and if you just vote like 95% of the other resent-o-cultist hypocrites in MV, your vote matters nada. At least many of your cult are rich from the $2M bungalows they own. You just make your slumlord richer each passing day, wasting away thinking about what you would do if you where king of the world and could pass laws at your whim.”

    Again, when you really have no evidence to support an argument, your only recourse is to insult people. This is getting very humorous. You wrote:

    “All you are is blah blah blah, vacant, unable to make your own life better, so you rail against those you think are holding you back. Time to face the music and get busy improving your situation.”

    I always am, but given the situation, so many cannot. Too bad that you talk the talk yourself, but do not walk the walk. At least my VOTE helped Biden get Elected. My Vote got my city to pass the Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act. My Vote does great things, and will continue to do so. You just want to intimidate others from using the GREAT power of voting because it is a threat to you.

    I love the fact that the next COVID Relief Act is probably going to be done in about 3 weeks (the senate passed it and the house did too on Friday), and it will extend the life support this country needs. Too bad the Eviction Moratoriums will be EXTENDED at least until September also.

  49. SJ KULAK you wrote:

    “blah blah blah there is no debate”

    LOL, because I thought you were a champion of “Free Speech” but now you say:

    “Skin in the game is the license to be respected by men, beyond all this political correct talk and censorship threats, that is the real truth.”

    So you are EXTRAPOLATING the idea that if you DON’T have money, you DON’T have free speech” and you say I am censoring people? You wrote:

    “After that, in the consolation prize in life, it’s one man one vote and if you just vote like 95% of the other resent-o-cultist hypocrites in MV, your vote matters nada. At least many of your cult are rich from the $2M bungalows they own. You just make your slumlord richer each passing day, wasting away thinking about what you would do if you where king of the world and could pass laws at your whim.”

    Again, when you really have no evidence to support an argument, your only recourse is to insult people. This is getting very humorous. You wrote:

    “All you are is blah blah blah, vacant, unable to make your own life better, so you rail against those you think are holding you back. Time to face the music and get busy improving your situation.”

    I always am, but given the situation, so many cannot. Too bad that you talk the talk yourself, but do not walk the walk. At least my VOTE helped Biden get Elected. My Vote got my city to pass the Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act. My Vote does great things, and will continue to do so. You just want to intimidate others from using the GREAT power of voting because it is a threat to you.

    I love the fact that the next COVID Relief Act is probably going to be done in about 3 weeks (the senate passed it and the house did too on Friday), and it will extend the life support this country needs. Too bad the Eviction Moratoriums will be EXTENDED at least until September also.

  50. Steve’s right. The next round of COVID relief is on the way. Statistically, It can’t help but give some essential relief to a few people but it’s greater effect will be to further instill the mindset in many millions that they have no power as an individual and need the government to solve their problems and lead them by the hand through their lives.
    Goldstein was infected long ago. Biden et al will expose many more to this contagion.

  51. JOHN you wrote:

    “Steve’s right. The next round of COVID relief is on the way. Statistically, It can’t help but give some essential relief to a few people but it’s greater effect will be to further instill the mindset in many millions that they have no power as an individual and need the government to solve their problems and lead them by the hand through their lives.”

    Ok let’s use this logic, that the INDIVIDUAL has the power to get out of the COVID disaster either with regards to the economic losses they get or the disease itself, right? OK if an INDIVIDUAL has a treatment to cure COVID and PREVENT LONG TERM DAMAGE, you would be correct, right? If said INDIVIDUAL can REMEDY the LONG HAUL impairment of COVID, you would be correct. If an INDIVIDUAL does possess a PROVEN SAFE and EFFECTIVE universal vaccine, you would be correct. However, NO ONE does, and all you are doing is trying to distract from the real problem. If an INDIVIDUAL has the above, they would be instantly worth TRILLIONS of dollars. And we would be back to normal as soon as production of the answer can be made available to the world.

    But

    What you MOST threatened by is that the market regarding all business customers start cooperating and boycotting businesses by working as a TEAM, like a labor union, or a coalition of citizens to use that Porter’s market power of the customer to in effect DICTATE the business of any particular market. For too long the “supply-side”(Capitalists) oligopolies has manipulated the markets, and since the politicians won’t intervene, it is up to the citizens to do it for them.

    It really doesn’t matter if it is the “Private” sector (capitalism) of the “Public” sector (socialism) when it comes to the end result.

    The Capitalists (Supply Side) want the ability to dictate to their consumers the products, terms of purchase, and prices, and are threatened by any force that gets in their way.

    The Socialists (Demand side) equally will dictate the products, terms of purchase, and prices.

    BUT, the Socialist do have one advantage, they do not need a PROFIT to justify their actions to “INVESTORS”. Which puts the Capitalists at a severe disadvantage?

    If you are TRULY Capitalists, outcompete the Socialists, you always say your superior in getting the job done, right?

  52. Well this so easy, stop paying teachers that are not working. Take the money we save and give it to the people that are deemed worthy of hazard pay. By the way, I caught covid-19 for New Years, and the damn Socialist government did absolutely nothing for me!

  53. M.T.Gunn,

    You obviously were not paying attention, did not practice safe living, and wear a mask, right?

    Teachers ARE working through “TeleCommuting” am I right?

    You DID get healthcare, right? You were treated for COVID right?

    Sounds like they DID something.

    Nice scapegoating, again.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *