You may notice something a little different this morning. After months of work, San Jose Inside has received a substantial facelift. Our hope is the new layout and commenting system will create better functionality and allow you to more easily share and comment on the stories you care about most.
We've also made every effort to retain past articles and comments, so all those virtual wars of words have been retained. That being said, we recommend reading the comments policy below if you're unclear about the rules. We want a civil debate and frequent violators of the comments policy will be blocked.
San Jose Inside is coming off its most successful stretch in its nine-year history. Last year, traffic increased by 45 percent for more than 1.3 million page views total. The District Attorney's office and Fair Political Practices Commission have also launched several investigations as a result of our work.
We will continue to deliver the highest quality, behind-the-scenes coverage of local politics, and we encourage you to send your tips to The Fly or our reporters. And to read some of the stories that don't always make it on to the website, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for reading,
San Jose Inside
This is a moderated forum, meaning comments are reviewed before they are posted. As a result there will be a delay before your posts appear on the site. It can be within an hour or take several hours, depending on what time of day you post your comment.
- We will not publish comments that incorporate the full text of articles from other sources. For articles, provide a maximum of 3-4 paragraphs and a URL.
- We will not post racist, sexist or sexually explicit comments, obvious commercial promotion, off-topic comments or comments that constitute a slur against a person or group.
- We will not publish comments that deride a person or group of people for their physical characteristics, and we will not post comments from “cyberbullies.”
- We encourage commenters to use their real name or social media profiles to create a healthy and accountable debate.
- Comment posters grant rights for their material to be posted on San Jose Inside as well as reposted and or excerpted on the web sites of other members of the Virtual Valley Network, including the print edition of Metro Silicon Valley, a free weekly newspaper distributed in the greater San Jose area.