- Returning Youth Commissioner reflects on last year’s successes, excited for what’s to comeby Valley Water News on November 17, 2022 at 12:40 am
Editor’s note: The Valley Water Youth Commission is made up of 21 high school students throughout Santa Clara County, each appointed by one of the seven board members. It is an official board advisory committee that assists the board with public policy, education, outreach, and all matters impacting Santa Clara County youth. The Youth Commission
- Santa Clara County’s water-saving efforts should be shared by our commercial communityby Valley Water News on November 15, 2022 at 11:37 pm
By John L. Varela, Chair Pro Tem, Valley Water Board of Directors Santa Clara County is making headlines for being a leader in water conservation. The efforts we undertook this summer have resulted in our county exceeding our Board’s call for conservation. In June 2021, the Valley Water Board of Directors established a 15% water
- Valley Water hosts elected officials, stakeholders on a tour of water infrastructure projectsby Valley Water News on November 9, 2022 at 12:34 am
On Oct. 14, 2022, Valley Water hosted elected officials and key advocacy stakeholders on the first in-person Water Walk tour since the pandemic began. The tour, which included stops at some of Valley Water’s critical water infrastructure projects, aims to educate and engage decision-makers and key advocacy stakeholders about the projects' benefits and advocate for funding and legislative needs.
- California Department of Water Resources flies over Santa Clara County to map groundwater basinsby Valley Water News on November 1, 2022 at 9:48 pm
Starting this November, the California Department of Water (DWR) Resources will begin flying over the Monterey Bay Area and a small portion of southern Santa Clara County to gather information on our groundwater resources.
- Get your yard ready to save water all winterby Valley Water News on October 26, 2022 at 5:49 pm
By Nai Hsueh, Valley Water Board of Directors As the seasons change, so do the watering needs of your yard. Don’t leave your sprinklers on autopilot! Be sure to get ready for the cold season by reducing your watering. In the fall, your plants need less than half the water needed during the summer. Over
- Partner with Valley Water to increase access to drinking water and reduce plastic wasteby Valley Water News on October 4, 2022 at 8:58 pm
Valley Water wants to help you increase access to drinking water in your community and help reduce plastic bottle waste. We are excited to announce the new Valley Water Refill Station Grants program has launched and we want you to apply! This grant opportunity provides funding for purchasing, installing and maintaining water bottle refill stations
- Valley Water recognized as one of the Bay Area’s healthiest workplacesby Valley Water News on October 4, 2022 at 5:39 pm
Are you looking for a great place to work, one where you can make a difference in your community while enjoying an environment that promotes wellness and work-life balance? Look no further than Valley Water! Our essential workers keep the water flowing in Santa Clara County. We manage reservoirs, operate water treatment plants, and ensure
- New Fish Habitats Constructed Along Gilroy’s Uvas Creekby Valley Water News on September 12, 2022 at 6:38 pm
Valley Water is committed to environmental stewardship and is constantly working to restore habitat along creeks and the bay. In mid-August 2022, Valley Water completed work on the Uvas Creek Fish Habitat Improvement Project in Gilroy. Construction finished more than two weeks ahead of schedule. “This project will help restore and maintain healthy fish populations